domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010

Andrew says why TFOT broke up...

For those of you who haven't read this...

"SO

This is why I thought it was best if we broke up.

We had being doing this for 8 years, 5 albums, lotsa tours and time spent. The response was more than I had ever imagined, and thats was awesome. During those 8 years though, I didn't do a lot of things (college, steady girlfriend, etc) and while I got to live my dreams, I didn't do a lot of normal things. Also during those 8 years I started drinking, smoking, and doing other drugs at a steadily increasing pace. These things are all fine to live with, until they become a problem in your own mind.

Sometime around the release of in the unlikely event I really started getting bummed out on how I was living my life. At the same time our album came out to not too many people being stoked on it, and not selling as well as we had hoped. The album not doing super well was a bummer after putting time and money into it. I liked it when we recorded it and while I knew it wasn't very much like what we had previously done I was excited about it. So being sad about that made it easier to drink and do drugs to push it out of my mind.

So we go on tour to try to stir up more interest and sell some shit, and on tour I have a hell of a time trying to not drink, etc, which is something I actually wanted to do. When there is a ton of booze sitting around for some reason I feel the need to drink (alcoholic you think?). So as our album is failing, I'm getting more and more bummed on everything because nothing I try to do seems to work out right.

We had already talked about calling it, and the fact that I was pretty fucked up, along with money problems, the album not selling well, and our contact with EVR being over, it just seemed like the right time to call it. I don't think I could have done it any longer the way I was doing it. I needed to stop almost everything in my life and focus on getting to a place where I liked myself and my decisions.

Here's the funny part. On the cross-country drive home from the last show of tour we were pulled over for a headlight being out at 10 in the morning. I guess I shouldn't have been driving with headlights on? We had a bag of pot, but I didn't think it would be an issue as I wasn't acting suspicious or driving crazy. Immediately after the first cop pulls up, a k9 unit pulls in behind him. Long story short, due to other people's legal issues, I took the blame. I had to return to pennsylvania 2 months after for my trial, and now have a large fine, rehab payments, community service, a license suspension, and probation.

On top of these legal issues I have been looking for a job, and trying to be a person I can live with.

So thats where I'm at, and why I haven't been in the mood to really talk to anyone. I don't have much to say other than, "Life is kinda shitty right now." The thing I loved and have done for 8 years is over, I don't know where to go from here, and the government has my balls in a vice for the next year-ish.

But I know it will be over eventually, so I try to fill my time with whatever shit I can.

If anyone cares and wants to organize it all, I will keep answering questions about this or whatever. Hope all of you are good, Thomas, Tim and I are still trying to figure out one last big blowout, and as shitty as this all sounds, its okay. Just one of those weird times in life I guess.

Oh also, it wasn't a drunk post earlier just a guilty and self-esteemless one.

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario